Dr. Girish S Pathy
Dr. Girish S Pathy, Associate Professor at Bhavan’s Royal Institute of Management, carries with him a teaching and research experience of more than a decade. Specialised in marketing his areas of interest include, Marketing Research, Consumer Behaviour, Integrated Marketing Communication and Digital Marketing.
read more +
In general Management he handles papers as Managerial Economics, Strategic Management and Business Environment.
His specific area of research is cultural aspects of consumer behaviour, with focus on gold consumption in India, has published and presented several papers in national and international journals and conferences. He has a special interest in case study publications.
LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-girish-s-pathy-6537265b
Read less -
- Ph.D. in Management from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – Broad Area – Gold Buyer Behaviour
- PGDM from Bhavan’s Royal Institute of Management, Kochi (AICTE Approved), specialisation in Marketing (Major) and Finance (Minor).
- B.Sc. in Co-operation & Banking from the College of Co-operation, Banking and Management, Kerala Agricultural University
Fully Funded presentations – The following papers were selected for presentation at the conference on Gold and Gold Markets on 2019 and 2020 organised by India Gold Policy Centre – a center setup for research in the area of gold at IIM-A by the World Gold Council. Both the conferences were held at New Delhi and all the expenses including travel, accommodation and conference expenses were completely borne by the organisers.
- Presented a paper titled – “The Role of Family Members in Gold Buying Decision - An Empirical Study Using Correspondence Analysis” at the conference on Gold and Gold markets by India Gold Policy Centre - IIM Ahmedabad on February 7th and 8th 2020 at New Delhi
- Presented a paper titled – “Mapping the perception of customers of post-liberalisation generation towards symbolic values of gold' at the conference on Gold and Gold markets organised by India Gold Policy Centre - IIM-A on February 2019 at New Delhi.
Presentations at Conferences held at Destinations outside India
- Presented a paper titled – “The Utilitarian Perception of Gold by Women - A Perception Mapping of Women in the Pre and Post Globalisation Era” in ICBI 2017, organized by University of Kelaniya, held at Colombo, Srilanka.
Best Paper Awards
- Presented a paper titled – “Generation Gap in Store Selection Criteria of Gold Buyers: An Empirical Examination of Gold Buyers belonging to Liberalized and Non-Liberalized Era in India” in the 9th International Conference on Business and Information (ICBI-2018) themed 'Enriching multidisciplinary research potentials of international collaboration for sustainable development' and won the best paper award in the track.
- Presented a paper titled “An Enquiry into the Capability of Agricultural Production Growth in India to Address the Problem of Malnutrition” and won the best paper award in Placitum 2014, International conference.
- Presented a paper titled “A Longitudinal Study on Price Levels Movements and Exchange Rate of India” and won the best paper award in Placitum 2013, an International Conference
Other Papers and Cases Presented
- Presented a Research based case titled – "Masstige Positioning: The Oneplus way for Apple Amaze owners?" in NICOM 2020 (Nirma International Conference on Management) at Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- Presented a paper titled – “The Future of Gold Monetization in India: A Study on the Estimation of Probable Impact of Monetization on Gold Demand in India and Balance of Payment of Major Gold Exporting Countries” at CERE 2016 – International Conference at IIM Indore.
Cartoon Case Study Publication
Published a case titled “Fortune Heart Healthy Oil: When a Strong Brand Strategy Hits a Cardiac Road Block” in the Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies - Vol. 12 No. 1 2022,
Case Study Publication
Published a case titled “Crowdsourced fashion designing of Hashboosh.com: the sustainability dilemma", in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 8 Issue: 2.
- The Case Study "Masstige Positioning: The Oneplus way for Apple Amaze owners?" was published as a book chapter in the book titled - "Customer, Competition and Marketing Strategy" (Excel Publishers)
- The paper titled “Student Entrepreneurial intention in Kerala: A Perspective on Theory of Planned Behavior”, was published as a chapter in the Book titled Research Perspectives in Human Development Capital – Insights in Learning, Development and Entrepreneurship (Excel Publishers).
- Paper Publications
- Published a paper titled – “Measurement of Buying Roles in Family Decision-Making Process for Gold Jewellery using Correspondence Analysis” in Palarch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology, Vol. 18 No. 6 (2021).
- Published a paper titled “Perception Differences towards Utilitarian Value of Gold, a Comparison between the Pre and Post Liberalization Generation in India” in IJRAR November 2018, Volume 5, Issue 4
- Published a paper titled “Study on Preference of Post and Pre-Liberalisation Generation women towards forms of physical gold” in International Journal of Current Advanced Research
- Published a paper titled “Study on impact of foreign exchange value of Indian rupee on relationship between international crude oil prices and petrol prices in Indian market” in ZENITH International Journal of Business Economics & Management Research
- Published a paper titled “A Study Measuring the Competiveness in Tourism among North, Central, and South Zones of Kerala; the Gods Own Country” in International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research.
Published an article titled; “North Kerala – The Untapped Potential of Tourism in the God’s own Country” in The Kerala Tourism Magazine
Area of interests
- Marketing Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Digital Marketing
- Retail Management
- Marketing of Services
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Business Communication
- Managerial Economics
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
External Sessions as Resource Person
- Invited resource person for the session on Case Study Analysis conducted as part of the HR Emporia organized by the Department of Human Resource Management, Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies, University of Kelaniya, Srilanka - 2021
- Invited resource person for the session on Case Study Analysis conducted as part of the “International Talk series on Educating beyond boundaries” (Online) organised by the Department of Human Resource Management, Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies, University of Kelaniya, Srilanka – 2020
- Invited resource person for the sessions on “Multidimensional Scaling” during the Five days FDP on “Multivariate Tools in Research and Decision Making” organized by Jain (Deemed-to-be) Uniersity, Kochi
- Invited resource person for the session on “Multidimensional Scaling” and “Correspondence Analysis” as part of the two phased six day FDP on Research Methodology and Data Analysis using SPSS organized by Depaul School of Management.
- Invited Resource Person for the Faculty Development Programme sessions on “Scaling Techniques and Measurement Scales”, “Questionnaire Designing”, “Correspondence Analysis”. “Multidimensional Scaling” and “Exploratory Factor Analysis”, during the five-day Executive Development Programme on Research Methodology and Analytics, organized by School of Commerce and Professional Studies, Marian College.
- Invited resource person for the session on “Preliminary considerations for Questionnaire development” in the workshop titled “Questionnaire Development for Social Sciences Research” organized by Management club of School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- Invited resource person for a session on “Goal Setting” organised as part of the induction of the MCA students of the School of Technology and Applied sciences under the Centre for Professional and Advanced Studies.
- Invited Resource Person for the session on “Overview of Case Study Publication”, during the Faculty Development Programme on Research in Academics organized by Srisankara Vidyapeedom College.
- Invited resource person for a session on 'Introduction to R' in the workshop on 'Empowering the Researcher in you with R', organised by VT Bhattathiripad College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad
- Served as a resource person for a one day Workshop on Research Methodology using SPSS for Faculty and Students of M.tech at Illahia School of Science and Technology