Dr. Rajagopala Nair
Dr. Rajagopala Nair, Dean, Bhavan’s Royal Institute of Management carries with him 42 years of teaching experience mostly at Post Graduation Level. After serving as the Director of Albertian Institute of Management, Kochi for four years, Dr.Nair joined as the Dean at Bhavan’s Royal Institute of Management, Kochi.
read more +
He was a Visiting Faculty at the Institute of Cost Accountants of India and Co-ordinator of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for conducting contact classes for CA-Foundation and Intermediate classes at St.Albert’s College, Ernakulam.
Read less -
In 1997, Dr. Nair was recognised by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, as a Research Guide leading to Ph.D. In 2003, the M.G.University awarded the First Ph.D. under Commerce Faculty to the Research Project under his guidance and supervision. A total of 22 students have been awarded Ph.Ds under his guidance. Two scholars are pursuing their Ph.D. at present.
Completed a Major Research Project under the financial assistance of the ICSSR, New Delhi and Two Minor Research Projects under the financial assistance of the UGC.
Dr. Rajagopala Nair is also a recognised research guide for the Ph.D. program under Bharathiar University.
Publications and Presentations:
1. Published 45 Research Articles in various Journals and Magazines
2. Presented 29 Research Papers in various National Seminars.
3. Presented a paper at an International Conference organised by the Kerala Commerce Association.
4. Presented a paper in an International Seminar organized by the Dept. of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala in February 2016.
Awards and Recognitions:
1. Received the ‘Sai Samanwaya Award’ in 2009 for Excellence in Human Endeavour in the field of Education.
2. Certificate of Appreciation for being a ‘CIMA Advocate’, received from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, India Laison Office, in October 2011.
3. An award for Excellence from the Alumini Association of St.Albert’s College, Ernakulam, on the occasion of producing 10th Ph.D in Commerce.
4. In March 2015, received the Fellowship of the International Association of Accounting Professionals (IAAP – UK).
Areas of Interest
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques
- Marketing and Financial Management
- Business Law
External Sessions as Resource Person
- Resource Person for Career Development Programme at various affiliated colleges.
- Conducted a Training programme on Personality Development to both the Luxor and Parker Sales Team of Luxor Writings International Pvt.Ltd at Chennai on 14th and 15thOctober 2007.
- Member, Board of Studies in commerce of Amrita Vishwa Vidyappeth University, Ettimadai, Coimbatore.
- Career Councelling classes to the Commerce Students of various schools in and around the city of Kochi.
- Evaluator of the Ph.D Thesis of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore ; Bharathidasan University, Trichy ; and Mother Teresa Womens University, Kodaikanal.
- Resource Person at the B-School of Federal Institute of Science and Technology, Angamaly on the Topic ‘The Science of Accounting’.
- Resource Person at the Academic Staff College of the University of Kerala and Calicut University
- Resource person of the State Council for Education, Research and Training (SCERT), Thiruvananthapuram.